What is 265?
265 is a World Class Instruction and Training Facility for golfers of all skill levels.
- Eight Tour Quality Short Game Practice Areas
- Nine hole par Three Course
- A three hole golf course which includes:
- 600 Yard Par 5 with fairway, rough, and bunkers
- 220 Yard Par 3 with bunkers and two tier green
- 450 Yard Par 4 with fairway, mature trees, and lake that guards the green
- Two Driving Ranges in opposite wind directions with yardage flags
- Indoor Computer Lab with the latest computer analysis of your golf swing
- State of the art Club House
- World Class Golf Instructors available for lessons
- After School Golf Programs
- Summer Golf Camps
- Open 6 days a week
What does "265" Stand for?
The name “265,” which is also visible in the logo, derived from David Toms’ winning score at the 2001 PGA Championship. His score of 265 still stands as the lowest aggregate total in major golf championship history! 265 was also Toms’ winning score for his first PGA TOUR win (1997 John Deere Classic) and his most recent TOUR win (2011 Crowne Plaza Invitational at Colonial).
"We tried to come up with names, but nothing ever sounded appropriate for the facility. So one day I’m pulling into a local restaurant, and it came to me: maybe we can use a number. Then when I started thinking about numbers, I thought of 265, which is significant to me.”- "David Toms"
The David Toms Academy is owned and operated by the David Toms Foundation, a 501(c)3 founded in 2003, which has awarded over $3.6 million dollars to local children’s charities.